Thursday 2 September 2010

You shall go to the ball!

Contrary to my last post I was able to attend the Debian UK BBQ at the weekend. My wonderful wife ditched me at Portsmouth station with permission to go play with my friends ;-)

Perhaps a bit more explanation is warranted about that last statement! We travelled back from France last Saturday. We were on the 12:15 (CET) ferry so had to be awake and on the road for the five hour France drive at "oh my gosh its early" time. The crossing to Portsmouth was slow as it was very choppy and we were leaving the Port at 15:30 at which point Melodie was good enough to let me go play with my friends while she drove home.

I did have the "fun" of doing the Portsmouth->London->Cambridge trip on UK public transport but it went pretty smoothly. Walking from Cambridge station to the BBQ location was a bit dumb, next time I am taking a cab!

The BBQ was excellent fun and big thanks for Steve for holding it again. Its always fun to meet the usual suspects. We also got to set a new occupancy record at Steves house Saturday night and discovered that certain members of Debian UK snore rather loudly (I think at one point we could measure it on the Richter scale).

Back home now of course. Work is the same as when I left so no change there and the Boys first day back at school seems to have gone smoothly too.

1 comment:

  1. Very good series, used to own the old aluminum pepsi circle, ceramic new model is very good but very hot and hard to buy, even Dufour old gentleman have to queue a little ...... At the same time and the new batman, pepsi in 2018 Baselworld together with the launch of the root beer, then the impression is quite good, slowly to now like the degree is unabated. Unlike the traditional inter-gold Rolex vibe,replica Luxury shoes the chocolate colour with a black ceramic bezel makes perfect sense with the rose gold and satisfies my desire for a precious metal, so I contacted a salesperson at a familiar counter. The sales recently called to say that the polar tan II had arrived and asked if I wanted it,replica horloges I of course replied that I should continue to wait for GMT,Luxury Replica Shoes then he replied that the root beer had also arrived ...... So on the eve of all the shops closing because of the epidemic, got the first ceramic GMT of my life.At the beginning of the year, we agreed with our buddies to join the Rao at the end of the year, as the saying goes, more work is more pay, and it is also a small goal for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete